Hailed as an "essential kitchen tool" (Martha Stewart 2008), the 10.25 Inch Skillet will be your favorite go-to skillet for years to come. Featuring both an assist handle and an easy-grip handle for great control and hanging storage when not in use, it provides excellent heat distribution and retention for consistent, even cooking. Use this to cook memorable meals for generations. Seasoned and ready to use.
- Seasoned with 100% natural vegetable oil
- Unparalleled heat retention and even heating
- Use in the oven, on the stove, on the grill, or over a campfire
- Use to sear, sauté, bake, broil, braise, fry, or grill
- Great for induction cooktops
- Made in the USA
- Foundry seasoned, ready to use upon purchase.
- Use on all cooking surfaces, grills and campfires.
- Oven safe.
- Sauté, sear, fry, bake and stir fry to heart’s content.
- Made in USA.
If you do nothing else...
- Hand wash. Dry immediately—even before first use.
- Rub with a light coat of vegetable oil after every wash.
- How much oil? Enough to restore the sheen, without being “sticky”.
- Why? To keep the iron “seasoned” and protected from moisture.
Seasoning - it isn't salt and pepper
- “Seasoning” is vegetable oil baked onto the iron at a high temperature: not a chemical non-stick coating.
- Seasoning creates the natural, easy-release properties. The more you cook, the better it gets.
- Because you create, maintain, and even repair the “seasoning”, your cookware can last 100 years or more. Chemical non-stick coating cannot be repaired, limiting lifespan.