Lodge is proud to have designed , a limited editon, designed in Canada, produced in the USA cast-iron skillet. This 10.25 inch skillet represents Canadian Imagery with the Iconic Loon Scene. Synonymous to Canada, Commemorating Lodge's long history providing USA made exceptional cast-iron cookware for the Canadian Consumer. Allowing for exceptional even heating quality with advanced metallurgy to create a safe and easy to use skillet to cook a vast range of recipes. We hope that you will enjoy cooking in these well made skillets as much as we were in designing and creating them!
- Foundry seasoned, ready to use upon purchase.
- Use on all cooking surfaces, grills and campfires.
- Oven safe.
- Sauté, sear, fry, bake and stir fry to heart’s content.
- Made in USA.
If you do nothing else...
- Hand wash. Dry immediately—even before first use.
- Rub with a light coat of vegetable oil after every wash.
- How much oil? Enough to restore the sheen, without being “sticky”.
- Why? To keep the iron “seasoned” and protected from moisture.
Seasoning - it isn't salt and pepper
- “Seasoning” is vegetable oil baked onto the iron at a high temperature: not a chemical non-stick coating.
- Seasoning creates the natural, easy-release properties. The more you cook, the better it gets.
- Because you create, maintain, and even repair the “seasoning”, your cookware can last 100 years or more. Chemical non-stick coating cannot be repaired, limiting lifespan.