The Shun Sora 6-in. Chef's Knife is part of the exciting Shun Sora line that provides exceptional handcrafted Shun quality at an amazing price. Sora uses Shun's proprietary Composite Blade technology to bring together a VG10 san mai cutting edge with a Japanese 420J stainless steel upper. This technology puts high-performance material exactly where it's needed—on the edge. The two blade sections are laser cut, then fit together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. Braze welding permanently joins them. The attractive wavy pattern at the joint is based on traditional Japanese sword hamon lines. While Sora's blade shapes and handle design are traditional Japanese, the textured PP/TPE polymer blend handle material provides a contemporary look, secure grip and balance, and is easy to maintain.
- A smaller, agile chef's knife
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary Composite Blade Technology; VG10 san mai cutting core; Japanese 420J blade upper
- VG10 is clad with one layer of stainless steel on each side to create the san mai edge and provide stain resistance
- Handle: Traditional Japanese handle design in easy-care, textured PP/TPE blend
- Blade length: 6 in. (15.2 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan
If you've never tried a 6-in. chef's knife, you might be surprised at how much you will love it. This shorter length is particularly lightweight and highly maneuverable. Of course, like all chef’s knives, it is an all-purpose blade ideal for a wide variety of cutting tasks—slicing, dicing, and chopping small to medium-sized fruits, vegetables, and other foods. The Shun Sora 6-in. Chef's Knife's Asian-style blade is light and agile. With its curved belly, this Chef's knife can also be gently "rocked" through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince.