Kanren, which means “connection” in Japanese, is a collection that beautifully illustrates the union of German engineering with Japanese craftsmanship. This workhorse knife is designed to do everything in the kitchen, including chopping, slicing, and dicing. The FC61 core is embedded in 48 layers of stainless steel which make up the unique Damascus pattern on the knife, protecting the blade from corrosion and chipping. The cutting edge is Honbazuke-honed in Seki, Japan, a three-stage grinding, sharpening, and polishing process that results in razor-like sharpness. With its curved bolster and comfortable black linen Micarta handle, this knife delivers the ultimate in ergonomic, fatigue-free cutting.
- F61 steel core protected from corrosion and chipping by 48 layers of stainless steel in a beautiful Damascus pattern
- Blade is Honbazuke-honed by Japanese artisans
- Curved bolster for optimal comfort and fatigue-free cutting
- Beautiful black linen Micarta handle
- German engineered, curved bolster promotes professional pinch grip as well as allowing cutting the whole length of the blade.
- Scalpel-like sharpness and extreme durability.
- Made in Seki, Japan