Extend the life of your coffee maker – use BKF Coffee Maker Descaler to remove mineral scale that can ruin the heating element.
Mineral scale reduces the temperature and the flow of the water as it goes through your coffee maker, which affects the flavor of coffee. Descale regularly with BKF Coffee Maker Descaler to help your machine produce fresh, hot coffee every time. (For use on single-cup and automatic drip coffee makers and espresso machines).
Where to use:
- Single-cup coffee makers
- Automatic drip coffee makers
- Steel coffee carafes
- Espresso machines
- Electric kettles (monitor closely)
Where NOT to use:
- Gold or silver
- Natural stone countertops
- Polished stone such as marble or granite
- Colored grout
- Lacquered, painted, or mirrored surfaces
Remove mineral buildup that can ruin the heating element in your coffee maker. Before descaling, protect countertop from splashes and spills. Wipe up any spills immedately. Once a month, or whenever you notice the tell-tale signs of hard water scale:
- Add one ounce of Bar Keepers Friend Coffee Maker Descaler for every eight ounces of COLD water needed to completely fill the coffee maker’s water reservoir. Do not exceed the maximum fill line for your reservoir.
- Remove any disposable filters or coffee pods from the coffee maker.
- Place the empty carafe or cup under the coffee discharge.
- Initiate the brew cycle, and repeat until the reservoir is completely empty. For coffee makers with a clean cycle, initiate the clean cycle and allow the cycle to run completely.
- Discard the used Coffee Maker Descaler from the carafe or cup and clean the carafe or cup thoroughly.
- Fill the coffee maker reservoir with clean, cold water, and run another brewing cycle.
- Dispose of used rinse water and clean carafe or cup again.