MAKE EACH AND EVERY MOMENT AN EXPERIENCE.
Aeon is WÜSTHOF’s most exclusive series to date, with only 1,500 pieces available worldwide for each knife in the series. The exquisite handles are crafted from 3,249-year-old Bog Oak, each with its own certificate of authenticity. While the variances in wood tone and grain make every Aeon knife an individual piece of art, the curved handle design and tapered end create an undeniable elegance that is a pleasure to hold. Authenticated by the International Chemical Analysis Inc. in Florida, USA, who, thanks to carbon dating, can confirm that the wood used by WÜSTHOF is 3,249 years old, therefore dating back to the end of the Bronze Age and the start of the Iron Age.
As a contrast to the millennia-old oak, a highly advanced DLC (Diamond-Like-Carbon) coating has been applied to the blades - a technique that is used in both the aviation and motorsport industries. The black surface (amorphous carbon) is created by transforming steel using hot carbon and hydrogen gas. This ensures incredible strength and durability. With Aeon, the DLC coating almost doubles the surface strength from 58° to 104° HRC without the steel becoming brittle. This not only results in the black blade, but also creates a high level of resistance to scratching and sliding while cutting ingredients. Strong acids, alkalis, brines, extreme temperatures and corrosion can’t harm the blade. The limited edition collection includes a Cook’s Knife (20 cm), Super Slicer (26 cm),and Santoku (17 cm) to handle all culinary tasks, manufactured entirely in Solingen, Germany.
The Aeon series is an authentic masterpiece of exquisite craftsmanship and state-of-the-art technology, a timeless collector’s piece for those who truly enjoy cooking.
- Only 1,500 pieces available worldwide (contains card with edition number)
- 3,249-year-old Bog Oak Handle (Certificate of Authenticity)
- Blades are coated with DLC (Diamond Like Carbon)
- Chrome Molybdenum Vanadium Steel
- 58° Blade Rockwell Hardness
- 104° Surface Rockwell Hardness
- Balanced double bolster design with embossed logo on the end
- 10” Super Slicer for slicing crusty breads, dinner rolls, sandwiches, breaking down large fruit or cutting cakes and phyllo
- Exquisite craftsmanship meets state-of-the-art technology
- Wipe clean with damp cloth only